Sunday, March 4, 2007

Hello, London

Well, I've just arrived in London - just two hours ago in fact (and I'm blogging about it already ... now that's commitment). Obviously I'm excited to arrive, but the welcome was not the warmest I've ever received. For a start there's the weather - grey skies and rain. But I was expecting bad weather ... more worrying was our driver who welcomed us with these words "Well you must have really pissed off someone in Australia if they've sent you out here." I wasn't sure whether or not to tell him that I'd actually chosen to come to London, but in any case I didn't have much chance as he quickly proceeded to reel off a long list of things that he personally dislikes about London (from minicab drivers to the gay population of Earl's Court) ... at least it helped pass the time on our drive to Kensington, where we'll be staying for the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Did you use the bathroom at Heathrow? Do they have newspapers over there? Did you drink anything on the plane? Can't wait to hear ALL about it...

Unknown said...

It’s weird that anyone would choose to go to London- Just kidding!!!!!!So where have you been and what have you seen so far??? This is so unfair you guys having 2 holidays in 3 months.....where's my invite?
Hope you enjoy the time off before you start- I’m sure by then you would have become accustomed to the 24hr sleet and grey skies.